Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaNo Log Day 10

On par : 16666
Aim: 17000
Current wordcount: 16700

I'm having issues finding enough time and motivation to write. I'm not liking how my story is progressing, the plot is fine it's the writing that sucks. I've decided she's going to spend less time in venice and go to america next, probably renting out a car to do a road trip. She's going to make a few friends and figure out her calling. and somewhere in her future have a Skype conversation with the woman who set everything off. Should be nice and awkward.

This scene is a flashback of a conversation with Shane that she has whilst she's on a boat in venice. lemme know whatcha think


“Shane?”
“Yeah sweets?”
“You’re okay with me going right?”
“Of course I am. You need to be free, I get it. It’s okay.”
“Will you be alright without me?”

He shifted, looking away from the screen and turning towards me. His eyes were filled with speculation and his lips curved into a crooked smile of amusement.

“No Catherine. I will fall apart, my world will completely collapse without you. They might even be a zombie apocalypse.”
“You’re teasing me.”
“Yes. I am.” He smiled and I smiled back though only half-heartedly. Instead of feeling better I flinched inwardly, he would perfectly fine without me, like I would no longer exist. Like I didn’t matter. Some part of me wanted him to at least miss me.

“So you’re perfectly okay with me leaving? You won’t even miss me?”
“Is that what’s bothering you Caty? You think I won’t miss you?”
“Maybe. Leaving you is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done and you sound like you won’t even miss me.”
“Of course I’ll miss you, you silly goose. You’re my best friend. Who else can I tell all my naughty gossip too? Or read smutty novels in silly voices with? Who else can I bitch about the girls at work with, or perve on guys with? We’re soulmates of the friendship kind and if I thought it was good for you I’d do anything to keep you with me. But part of loving someone is letting them go when they need to and just hoping they find happiness.” It was the longest speech I think I’d ever heard him do, and quite possibly the most heartfelt. Tears welled up in my eyes and I fought them back, afraid crying would ruin the moment we were sharing.
“I love you too Shane.”

No comments:

Post a Comment